Coaches, players and supporters are reminded that they should conduct themselves consistently with the spirit of the game, whether they are playing, form part of a team bench or spectating. Any action displayed, which is contrary to the spirit of the game is not permitted, sanctioned by HKNA (Hong Kong Netball Association) and the INF (International Netball Federation) rules and penalties.
Inappropriate behaviour and comments may result in a warning, penalty, suspension or ordering off by an umpire. Such behaviour includes, but is not limited to, calling to an umpire, disputing decisions, commenting on team or individual actions. The official INF rules 19 and 20 provide further information on disciplinary action for unsporting behaviour.
Player Code of Conduct
1. Play by the rules and respect the decision of the umpires. Be courteous and use correct process when seeking clarification on rules.
2. Participate fairly and safety.
3. Conduct yourself in a responsible manner relating to language, temper and punctuality.
4. Be honest and upfront with your coach concerning illness and injury and your ability to train or play fully.
5. Cooperate with coaches at training. Work equally hard for yourself and your team. Your team's performance will benefit, so will you.
6. Be a good sport. Applaud all good plays whether they are by your team or the opposition.
7. Treat all players, as you would like to be treated. Refrain from behaviour that could be regarded as discrimination, bulling or victimisation of another person/s.
8. Respect talent, potential and development of fellow players and competitors.
9. Show respect and appreciation to volunteer coaches, umpires, scorers and administrators. Without them, your there would be no competition.
Netball Codes of Conduct, developed with reference to Netball Australia and Netball New Zealand p1
Parent & Supporter's Code of Conduct
1. Remember that children play netball for their enjoyment, not yours.
2. Encourage children to participate, do not force them.
3. Focus on the player's efforts and performance rather than winning & losing.
4. Encourage players to always participate according to the rules.
5. Never ridicule or raise your voice at a player for making mistakes or losing a game. 6. Remember that you are their role model, and all children learn best by example. Applaud good plays by all teams.
7. Respect officials' decisions and teach players to do likewise. Do not shout verbal abuse to the umpire or officials.
8. Show appreciation of volunteer coaches, officials and administrators. Without them, your child could not participate.
9. Support the decision of the coach, even if you do not agree with it. If you disagree with a decision the coach makes, please approach the coach away from children after the end of the game to seek clarification.
Coaches Code of Conduct
1. Operate within the rules and spirit of netball, promoting fair play.
2. Develop a positive netball environment by emphasizing enjoyment by providing appropriate development and competitive experiences.
3. Support opportunities for participation in all aspects of the sport.
4. Treat each person as an individual. Respect the rights and worth of every person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
5. Display control, courtesy and respect to all involved with netball.
6. Respect the decisions of umpires, officials, other coaches and administrators in conduct of netball programs and competitions.
7. Ensure training programs take into consideration the age, ability and maturity level of participants.
8. Place the safety and welfare of the players above all else.
9. Any physical contact with players should be appropriate to the situation and necessary for the player’s skill development.
10. Act with integrity and objectivity, and accept responsibility for your decisions and actions.
Netball Codes of Conduct, developed with reference to Netball Australia and Netball New Zealand p2