Hydrate - Hydrate - Hydrate!!
In hot weather heat stroke / dehydration is an issue for all players. We recommend you take the following precautions:
Parents, if you are having trouble getting children to drink water, consider giving them things like ice blocks or fruit salad / fruit. Ensure your children wear plenty of sun block and a hat. If they have been sick leading up a match, please let the coach know so that he can keep an eye on your child. The risk of hospitalisation owing to dehydration will be significantly greater if you start the day dehydrated.
- The night BEFORE training start hydrating.
- Drink plenty of water and try to include foods like fruit, which have a high water concentration.
- Whilst playing, continue to drink lots of water, both before and during breaks in play.
- Sport drinks contain high amounts of sugar and salt, which have a dehydrating affect.
- They should be consumed in a ratio of 1 bottle to 5 bottles of water.
- You will continue to sweat for 1 hour after exercise so continue to hydrate following exercise.